- I’ve had a number of bookmarks on the theme of Resident Evil Village, which has been a hot topic in a11y newsletters of late. This article berates Capcom for not providing any accessibility options in the menu of the game, meaning that:
- The camera is stuck on a zoomed in view, which can lead to motion sickness. There are mods available to configure this.
- Subtitles are small, and often have terrible contrast on the game background. There’s a Twitter thread with a screenshot. Subtitles don’t specify who is speaking, leaving hard of hearing players to guess. There’s also a lack of subtitles overall, as none of the ambient sounds are conveyed in text.
- There are no controller remapping options.
- Can I Play That wrote an accessibility-focused review of Resident Evil Village, rating it just 3/10.
- This article makes a special call-out to Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for its advanced a11y options.
Did you know that you can subscribe to dai11y, week11y, fortnight11y or month11y updates! Every newsletter gets the same content; it is your choice to have short, regular emails or longer, less frequent ones. Curated with ♥ by developer @ChrisBAshton.